I love breakfast on the weekends. And I mean a real breakfast not just a piece of toast or a cold bowl of cereal. Give me something with some substance please, something that will really satisfy my tummy and keep me full for longer than an hour, please.
This Mushroom and Red Pepper Breakfast Scramble is not so much a revelation of a recipe as it is a suggestion for a healthy, hearty breakfast that makes me happy when I eat it…a sort of eye into my morning. This tasty breakfast is loaded with protein, veggies, and healthy fats so dig in! The recipe serves two so just cut ingredients in half for a single serving.
Mushroom and Red Pepper Breakfast Scramble
- 4 large organic free range eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4-6 mushrooms (depending on size), sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- Whisk eggs together with cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper and set aside
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in medium saute pan
- Add bell pepper and green onions and sautee for 1 minute
- Add spinach, mushrooms, and garlic and sautee until vegetables are tender
- Add eggs to pan and once they start setting scramble everything together
- Top with sliced avocado and cilantro
Serve with sprouted grain toast, and nitrate free bacon for a treat. Enjoy this recipe? Let me know in the section below!